Last Updated on January 28, 2024 by Michael Tijani
Harvard University is a private ivy league liberal arts and sciences institution. It is the oldest institution of higher learning in the United States, it was founded in 1636 as Harvard College, and the institution is named after its first benefactor, the Puritan clergyman John Harvard. Harvard University offers over 50 undergraduate majors, 134 graduate degrees, and 32 professional degrees. The university has campuses spread across the metropolitan Boston area, with the main campus (Harvard Yard) located in Cambridge.
One of the grave mistakes prospective students make is seeking admission from institutions they have little or no knowledge about. Losing their admission is always the cost they would pay for this mistake, and this is exactly what we want you to avoid.
Getting to Know about the tuition, the average GPA, the acceptance rate, and every other necessary admission requirement/criteria of your dream institution is very vital. For instance, if you want to study at Harvard University, you need to find out what is the Lowest GPA to get into Harvard University, the acceptance rate, and the SAT and ACT scores before applying. In this article, you will get to know the Lowest GPA to get into Harvard University, the average SAT and ACT scores, and every other useful information you need to know to help you make an informed decision in your application process.
Harvard University is one of the most prestigious and highly selective institutions in history, with an average acceptance rate of 5%. Harvard remains one of the most competitive institutions in the world. According to US News, half the applicants admitted to Harvard University have an SAT score between 1460 and 1580 or an ACT score between 33 and 35.
What is the Lowest GPA to Get into Harvard University?
Generally, the lowest GPA to get into Harvard University is 4.18, making it one of the most selective and competitive institutions in the world.
Does Harvard University Require any Test Scores?
Yes, Harvard University requires that all interested applicants either take the SAT or ACT.
What is Harvard University SAT Requirement?
Harvard University has an average SAT score of 1515 on a scale of 1600 – this is the sum of the math and reading portions of the SAT.
What are the admission requirements to get into Harvard University?
To get admitted to Harvard University, interested applicants must acquire the following grades:
- Applicant must have a minimum score of at least 1515 on the SAT or between 33 and 35 on the ACT.
- Applicant must maintain a minimum GPA of at least 4.18.
Preparing Your Application
Below are some of the important points that will guide you through a successful application.
- Write a stellar essay that shows Harvard University something they can’t figure out from the other parts of your application.
- Get a lecturer’s recommendation that can attest to your personality. If you already know what major you want to apply to, kindly include that in your Harvard University application; try as much as you can to have at least 1 recommendation from a lecturer in that department.
- Apply Before the Deadline. It is always advisable that prospective students submit their applications before the stipulated deadline to avoid avoidable mistakes due to last-minute rushing. You don’t want to risk the added stress this can cause.
To see all Harvard University’s degree program’s application deadlines, kindly CLICK HERE.
- Affordable Accredited Homeschool Programs 2024[UPDATED]
- How to get into an Ivy League School in 2024 (The Complete Guide)
- Warwick University Acceptance Rate
- University of Toronto Acceptance Rate
- Cambridge University Acceptance Rate
- Best WUE Schools in 2024[UPDATED]
- 20 Free Accredited High School Diploma Online at no cost
- 64 Colleges that don’t require supplemental essays
- How to Get Netflix Student Discounts
- Top 10 Best musical theatre colleges in the US
- Top 10 Universities in Canada without application fees
- Universities you can apply to study in the UK without IELTS
- Top 10 Cheapest Universities in Canada for International Students
- Cost of Living in Canada for International Students
- Cheapest Universities in Canada for Master’s Degree
Being ranked #1 in the best universities in the US, Harvard University is one of the top student choice study preferences in the US. This, in turn, has made admission into Harvard University a super competitive one.
Furthermore, Harvard University’s acceptance rate is very low, meaning prospective students must be intellectually ready to meet all necessary criteria before being admitted. Also, when admitted, students get to enjoy an interesting campus and student life.
However, we have put in all our best to make sure that we provided the most accurate information, but do note that admission statistics and data are dynamic. Therefore, we always encourage you to verify these details from the official school admissions office.
We hope the information above helps you in your decision to study at the prestigious Harvard University.
Good Luck And Success!!!
Has this article provided solutions to your query? If yes, leave us a comment in the comments section expressing your satisfaction or with any question(s) you may need help with, and we will reply to you ASAP!!