The Lagos State University (LASU) is owned and managed by the Lagos state government. LASU is located in Ojo, Lagos State, Nigeria. LASU offers various undergraduate courses/programs.
The Lagos State University (LASU) courses are fully accredited and recognized by the National University Commission (NUC), a body overseeing all tertiary institutions (Universities) in Nigeria.
Would you like to know a list of LASU courses and their requirements you can enrol in? below is a list of all NUC accredited LASU Courses and requirements you need to know.
LASU Admission Requirements
Below are the admission requirements for UTME to LASU:
- Interested applicants are expected to acquire at least, 5 (five) Credit passes in five different subjects (English and Mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result (s). This could be WAEC/NECO/GCE/ or any equivalent result.
- Interested applicants must have attained the age of 16 as at the time admission is offered.
- Candidates must purchase the LASU POST-UTME Form and perform excellently well in the examination to be offered admission.
- UTME candidates must make Lagos State University their first choice of institution. LASU does not admit candidates that make them a second choice of institution.
- To participate in LASU Post UTME screening, candidates must have scored at least, 190 in the JAMB UTME examination.
- Candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff mark for their courses and departments to be offered admission. CLICK HERE to see all the departmental cut off marks
LASU Courses and Requirements
Below are all the accredited LASU Courses and Requirements, Kindly click on any of the courses you wish to apply for to see the UTME subject, Direct Entry, and O’Level requirements for the course.
- Aeronautic And Astronautic Engineering
- Arabic Studies
- Banking And Finance
- Business Education
- Chemical And Polymer Engineering
- Christian Religious Studies
- Computer Science
- Curriculum Studies
- Dentistry And Dental Surgery
- Drama/Dramatic/Performing Arts
- Early Childhood And Primary Education
- Education And Accountancy
- Education And Arabic
- Education And Biology
- Education And Chemistry
- Education And Christian Religious Studies
- Education And Computer Science
- Education And Economics
- Education And English Language
- Education And French
- Education And Geography
- Education And History
- Education And Islamic Studies
- Education And Mathematics
- Education And Physics
- Education And Political Science
- Education And Yoruba
- Education Language And French
- Educational Foundations
- Educational Management
- Electronics And Computer Engineering
- English Language
- Fine Arts/Fine And Applied Arts
- Geography And Planning
- Guidance And Counselling
- Health Education
- History And International Studies
- Industrial Relations And Personnel Management
- Islamic Studies
- Local Government And Development Studies
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medicine And Surgery
- Nursing/Nursing Science
- Peace Studies
- Physical And Health Education
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Technological Management
- Technology And Vocational Education
- Transport Management Technology
- Yoruba And Communication Arts
If you have found your desired course, you can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test for all eligible candidates.