Last Updated on April 23, 2021 by Spynaija
To study Chemical Engineering in any NUC accredited university in Nigeria, here are the Jamb and Waec subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Chemical Engineering is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required subjects will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please read carefully the terms of registration for the JAMB Subject Combination for Chemical Engineering below. If you meet the prerequisite requirements, you can proceed to the UTME / Direct Entry registration.
This article covers the following:
- O’Level Requirements for Chemical Engineering
- JAMB Subject Combination for Chemical Engineering
- Direct Entry Requirements for Chemical Engineering
- UTME Requirements for Chemical Engineering
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Chemical Engineering
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Chemical Engineering:
WAEC Requirements for Chemical Engineering:
- Aspiring candidates are expected to possess at least five(5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- English Language and any other Science subject.
Direct Entry Requirement for Chemical Engineering:
- Aspiring candidates are required to possess at least a minimum of ‘A’ level passes in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Chemical Engineering. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT IS COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Chemical Engineering
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom State – AKSU
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State – FED-NDUFU
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu, Enugu State
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State – COOU
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota, Ogun State
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Edo University, Iyamho, Edo State – EUI
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu, Enugu State – ESUTECH
- Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun, Delta State – FUPRE
- Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Niger State
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State – FUTO
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State – LAUTECH
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran, Kwara State
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State – MAUTY
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Ondo State University Of Science And Technology, Okitipupa, Ondo State – OSUSTECH
- University Of Abuja, Abuja, FCT
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State – UNIMAID
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – UNIPORT
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
Universities Offering Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering:
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – RSUST
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.