Last Updated on June 18, 2021 by Spynaija
To study History and Diplomatic Studies in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
History and Diplomatic Studies is very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore, knowing the conditions and the required subjects will help you and give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem. It further helps you avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for History and Diplomatic Studies before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for History and Diplomatic Studies
- JAMB Subject Combination for History and Diplomatic Studies
- Direct Entry Requirements for History and Diplomatic Studies
- UTME Requirements for History and Diplomatic Studies
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for History and Diplomatic Studies
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for History and Diplomatic Studies
WAEC Requirements for History and Diplomatic Studies
- Interested applicants are required to acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include English Language, Geography, Government/History.
Direct Entry Requirements for History and Diplomatic Studies
- Interested applicants require at least two (2) A-Level passes/NCE (upper credit) in History/ Government and any other related subject.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for History and Diplomatic Studies. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering History and Diplomatic Studies:
- Anchor University, Ayobo, Lagos State
- Caleb University, Imota, Lagos State
- Christopher University, Mowe, Ogun State
- Clifford University, Owerrintta, Abia State
- Coal City University, Enugu, Enugu State
- Crown Hill University, Eiyenkorin, Kwara State
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – IAUED
- Koladaisi University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ogun State
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Salem University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- Spiritan University, Nneochi, Abia State
- Summit Univerity, Offa, Kwara State
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – UNIPORT
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), Direct Entry, or the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.