To study Fisheries And Aquaculture in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Fisheries And Aquaculture is very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore, knowing the conditions and the required subjects will help you and give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem. It further helps you avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Fisheries And Aquaculture before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Fisheries And Aquaculture
- JAMB Subject Combination for Fisheries And Aquaculture
- Direct Entry Requirements for Fisheries And Aquaculture
- UTME Requirements for Fisheries And Aquaculture
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Fisheries And Aquaculture
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Fisheries And Aquaculture
WAEC Requirements for Fisheries And Aquaculture
- Interested candidates must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes in Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Mathematics and English Language plus any other Science subject.
Direct Entry Requirements for Fisheries And Aquaculture
- Two (2) A Level passes in any of Chemistry, Biology, Botany, Zoology, Agricultural Science Geography, Mathematics (pure & applied), Physics, Geology and Economics.
- NCE Agriculture
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Fisheries And Aquaculture. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Fisheries And Aquaculture:
- Adamawa State University, Mubi, Adamawa State – ADSU
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State – AAUA
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom State – AKSU
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State – COOU
- Crescent University, Abeokuta, Ogun State – CUAB
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State – EBSU
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State
- Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Niger State
- Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State
- Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Kogi State University, Anyigba, Kogi State – KSU
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State
- Nigerian Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Delta State
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – UNIOSUN
- Salem University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- University Of Africa, Toru-Orua, Bayelsa State
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State – UNILORIN
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for Fisheries And Aquaculture through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), Direct Entry, or the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.