To study Geophysics in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Geophysics is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Geophysics before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Geophysics
- JAMB Subject Combination for Geophysics
- Direct Entry Requirements for Geophysics
- UTME Requirements for Geophysics
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
WAEC Requirements for Geophysics:
Interested candidates must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- English Language
- Physics and Chemistry or Biology.
JAMB Subject Combination for Geophysics:
Any three (3) of:
- Biology and Mathematics.
Direct Entry Requirements for Geophysics:
A Level passes in Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Geophysics. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Geophysics in Nigeria:
- Akwa Ibom State University – AKSU
- Anchor University, Ayobo, Lagos State
- Arthur Jarvis University, Akpabuyo, Cross River State
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State
- Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun -FUPRE
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure, Ondo State – FUTA
- Federal University, Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State – UNILORIN
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.
If you think this post might be useful for others, please kindly share it on Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, or send an email to friends. There are Buttons available for that below and they are very easy to use!