To study English And Literary Studies in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
English And Literary Studies is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for English And Literary Studies before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for English And Literary Studies
- JAMB Subject Combination for English And Literary Studies
- Direct Entry Requirements for English And Literary Studies
- UTME Requirements for English And Literary Studies
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for English And Literary Studies
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for English And Literary Studies:
- Literature in English, one other Art subject and another Arts or Social Science subject.
WAEC Requirements for English And Literary Studies:
Interested applicants must acquire at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- Literature in English and English Language.
Direct Entry Requirements for English And Literary Studies:
- Applicants must acquire a minimum of two (2) A-Level passes to include Literature in English and one other Art subject.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for English And Literary Studies. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering English And Literary Studies
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom State – AKSU
- Anchor University, Ayobo, Lagos State
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State
- Caleb University, Imota, Lagos State
- Coal City University, Enugu, Enugu State – Coal-City
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Eastern Palm University, Ogboko, Imo State – EPU
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – EKSU
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike, Enugu State – GOUU
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Hezekiah University, Umudi, Imo State – UNIHEZ
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State – IMSU
- Kogi State University, Anyigba, Kogi State – KSU
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin, Kwara State – KWASU
- Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- Obong University, Obong, Ntak, Akwa Ibom State
- Summit Univerity, Offa, Kwara State
- University Of Abuja, Abuja, FCT – UNIABUJA
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- Veritas University, Abuja, FCT
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.