To study Education And Religious Studies in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Education And Religious Studies is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Education And Religious Studies before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Education And Religious Studies
- JAMB Subject Combination for Education And Religious Studies
- Direct Entry Requirements for Education And Religious Studies
- UTME Requirements for Education And Religious Studies
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Education And Religious Studies:
- Two (2) Arts subject including Religious studies and one (1) other subject.
WAEC Requirements for Education And Religious Studies:
Interested candidates are required to acquire a minimum of five (5) O Level credit passes or TC II merit in five (5) subjects including;
- English Language
- Religious Studies and three (3) other Arts subjects.
Direct Entry Requirements for Education And Religious Studies
- Two (2) A Level passes/NCE merit in Religious Studies and one (1) other Arts subject.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Education And Religious Studies. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Education And Religious Studies
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State – AAUA
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State – AAU
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State – BSU
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State – EBSU
- Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – IAUED
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State – IMSU
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Spiritan International School Of Theology, Attakwu, Enugu State
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – UNIPORT
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.