To study Communication Arts in any NUC accredited university in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Communication Arts is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required subjects will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please read carefully the terms of registration for the JAMB subject combinations for Communication Arts below. If you meet the prerequisite requirements, you can proceed to the UTME / Direct Entry registration.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Communication Arts
- JAMB Subject Combination for Communication Arts
- Direct Entry Requirements for Communication Arts
- UTME Requirements for Communication Arts
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Communication Arts:
- English Language
- Plus any three (3) Arts or Social Science subjects.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION REMARKS
- BOWEN University and IGBINEDION University accept any other relevant Arts or Social Science subjects in addition to Literature in English.
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO) accepts Music or Literature in English, Fine Arts, and any two (2) Arts or Social Science subjects.
WAEC Requirements for Communication Arts:
- Aspiring candidates are expected to possess a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes or its equivalent including English Language, Literature-in-English, Arts, and Music.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER) REMARKS
- BOWEN University requires at least five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes that must include English Language, Literature in English, and any other three (3) relevant Arts or Social Science subjects.
- University of Uyo UNIUYO considers candidates with a D7 in Mathematics
Direct Entry Requirement for Communication Arts
- Aspiring candidates are expected to possess a minimum of at least two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Arts or Social Science subjects or its equivalent.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Communication Arts. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want to.
Universities Offering Communication Arts:
You can click on any of the listed schools to see other courses and programs they have.
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for Communication Arts either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.