To study Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here is the Jamb and Waec subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required subjects will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- O’Level Requirements for Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering
- JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering
- Direct Entry Requirements for Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering
- UTME Requirements for Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering:
- Chemistry, and Physics.
O’Level Requirements for Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering:
Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and any from Introduction to Agricultural Science or Materials & Workshop Process and Machining, Tractor Layout Power Unit Under Carriage and Auto Electricity, Transmission System, Implement and Machine, Principles of Crop Husbandry and Land Use, Materials and Workshop Processes, Construction, and Maintenance of Agricultural Machines; general Metal Work, General Wood Work, and Building/Engineering Drawing.
Direct Entry Requirements for Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering:
- A’ level passes or equivalent in Physics and Mathematics.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, it’s FREE.
Universities Offering Agricultural and Bio-Resources Engineering in Nigerian:
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE – MINNA
- MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE, ABIA STATE – UMUDIKE
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY, JALINGO, TARABA STATE – TSUJ
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.