The Federal University of Technology Owerri, FUTO as it is fondly called, is Nigeria’s oldest technology university. FUTO was established in 1980 by executive order, the composition of Shehu Shagari, Nigeria’s first interim president. FUTO became the first of the three such universities established by the Nigerian federal government to establish a technological university in every of the country’s geopolitical zones, especially in a state that did not have a conventional university.
On November 28, 1980, FUTO opened its doors to staff and students from various parts of the country.
FUTO courses are fully accredited and recognized by the National University Commission (NUC), a body overseeing all tertiary institutions (Universities) in Nigeria.
Would you like to know a list of FUTO courses and requirements you can enroll in? Listed below is a list of all NUC accredited courses offered at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO).
FUTO Courses and Requirements
Kindly click on any of the courses you wish to apply for to see the UTME subject, Direct Entry, and O’Level requirements for the course.
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Science And Technology
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Crop Science And Technology
- Dental Technology
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Fisheries And Aquaculture Technology
- Food Science And Technology
- Forestry And Wildlife Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical And Material Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Polymer And Textile Engineering
- Prosthesis And Orthopaedic Technology
- Public Health Technology
- Quantity Surveying
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Soil Science And Technology
- Surveying And Geoinformatics
- Urban And Regional Planning
If you think this post might be useful for others, please kindly share it on Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, or send an email to friends. There are Buttons available for that below and they are very easy to use!