Last Updated on August 2, 2023 by Spynaija
Getting into any nursing school in Texas is quite competitive as most institution enrolls just a few tens to hundreds from a pool of thousands of applications they receive. To aid the selection process, these institutions use metrics such as a high GPA and a ridiculously low acceptance rate, so it could be much easy to handpick candidates with the best intellectual capacities. In this article, we compiled a list of some of the easiest nursing schools to get into in Texas, to which you can apply and be considered for admission. Kindly read through to learn more.
The nursing profession includes the application of the knowledge acquired from biological, social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences to proffer the best healthcare solutions for an ailing patient. The nursing school prepares graduates for both basic and advanced clinical practice roles, as well as for educational, administrative, and research positions across the healthcare delivery system worldwide.
Nursing School Application Requirements
- Official transcript from high school and other college-level coursework
- Standardized test scores
- Admission application
- Personal essay or statement letter
- Letters of recommendation
- Volunteer experience (preferably in healthcare; ideally with duties connected to patient care)
- Application fee (fee can be waived if the application is submitted during a tour of campus)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if applicable
What are the Nursing Schools Requirements?
Admission requirements into any nursing school vary from school to school, and oftentimes the requirements depend on how prestigious or highly ranked the institution is, but then, we have listed some of the few common requirements you are likely to find amongst these schools. Most nursing schools accept applicants with;
- A record of community service.
- A record of leadership.
- Some clinical experience.
- A resume with relevant experience in the field of Nursing
- Letters of recommendation from previous institutions/teachers.
- A letter of motivation or personal essay
- A “B” average or better in high school
- Proof that you paid the application fee (if there is one)
- One year of high school biology with a C or better
- One year of high school chemistry with a C or better
- Two years of college-preparatory math with a C or better
- GPA of 2.75 or higher for the ADN program or a GPA of 3.0 or higher for the BSN program
- SATs or TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills)
Through the four-year nursing degree program, you’ll learn how to understand health and disease so you can effectively diagnose and treat in order to improve a patient’s quality of life. Without any further ado, let’s walk you through some of the easiest nursing schools to get into in Texas.
List of Easiest Nursing Schools to Get into in Texas
Yes, you need a less competitive nursing school to apply for studies, but before applying to any nursing school, several factors must be considered; these include; the learning facilities of such institution, the accreditation, the average NCLEX-RN pass rate, and many more. It might interest you to know that these are some of the criteria we based our selection on. So below are a few of the easiest nursing schools to get into in Texas; these schools are also some of the least competitive nursing schools in Texas. You can apply for studies as far as you meet their requirements.
|Name of Institution||Acceptance Rates||Average NCLEX Passing Rate||Minimum GPA|
|Cox College of Nursing||100%||98.25%||2.0 or higher|
|Herzing University – Madison||91%||89.84%||2.5|
|The University of Texas at El Paso||100%||80%||2.0|
|Mississippi University for Women||99%||100%||3.0|
|University of Southern Mississippi||97%||95.89%||3.5 out of 4.0.|
|Brigham Young University – Idaho||89%||92%||3.0|
|California University of Pennsylvania||94%||90%||2.0 or higher|
|Western Kentucky University||65%||95%||2.75|
|Wichita State University||92%||89%||2.75|
|Maryville University of Saint Louis||89%||93%||3.4|
|West Coast University – Orange County||100%||91%||2.0|
|Wright State University-Main Campus||96%||87%||3.25 or above|
|University of Kentucky College of Nursing||100%||100%||3.4|
|University of Toledo College of Nursing||81%||90%||3.6|
|Curry College School of Nursing||87%||100%||2.9 (3.0 preferred)|
|MCPHS University Accelerated BS Nursing||85%||92%||3.0|
|North Dakota State University-Main Campus||94%||92.58%||3.5 or higher|
|University of Saint Francis – Fort Wayne||96.3%||96%||2.7 grade point average on a 4.0 scale|
|Gwynedd Mercy University||88%||100%||2.5|
|South Dakota State University College of Nursing||92.4%||89%||2.7|
|Southwestern Oklahoma State University||93%||94.7%||2.50 (on a 4.0 scale)|
|The University of Alabama at Birmingham||94%||96%||2.75|
|University of Kansas School of Nursing||55%||90%||2.5|
|Barry University College of Nursing||66%||96.65%||3.0|
|Marshall University School of Nursing||87%||91.84%||3.0|
|Nebraska Methodist College of Nursing & Allied Health||97%||93.8%||3.46|
|University of Colorado Colorado Springs College of Nursing||87%||92%||3.3 or higher|
|University of Northern Colorado School of Nursing||50%||94%||3.0 GPA or higher|
|Albany State University||73%||89%||2.8|
|Indiana State University School of Nursing||57%||83.7%||3.6|
|Keigwin School of Nursing||92%||98.65%||3.50 on a 4.00 scale|
|Mennonite College of Nursing||93%||95-96%||3.93 on a 4.0 scale|
|Northern Kentucky University||90%||96%||2.70|
Getting admitted to any nursing school is very competitive; yes, these varsities handpick their prospective students based on merits and intellectual capability due to the intellectual demands of the nursing profession.
Nonetheless, we have listed some of the easiest nursing schools to get into in Texas, with relatively moderate entry requirements for prospective applicants.
Furthermore, we have put in all our best to make sure that we provided the most accurate information, but do note that admission statistics and data are dynamic. Therefore, we always encourage you to verify these details from the official school admissions office.
- Nursing Schools in California that Accept Transfer Students
- Best WUE Schools in 2023
- Easiest Nursing Schools to Get into, Acceptance Rates & Tuitions
- Easiest Medical Schools to get into
- Easiest Medical Schools to get into in California
- Best Osteopathic Medical Schools for Surgery, Acceptance Rates & Minimum GPA
- 20 Free Accredited High School Diploma Online at no cost
- 64 Colleges that don’t require supplemental essays
- How to Get Netflix Student Discounts
Has this article provided an answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have, and we will reply to you as soon as possible.