Last Updated on July 27, 2021 by Spynaija
Covenant University, CU is a privately owned and managed university in Nigeria. Covenant University is located in Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria. Covenant University offers various undergraduate courses/programs. Covenant University was founded on the 21st of October 2002 by Bishop David Oyedepo the Founder and senior pastor of the Living Fath Church a.k.a Winners Chapel. Covenant University is affiliated with Living Faith Church Worldwide and is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, Association of African Universities and National Universities Commission.
Covenant University courses are fully accredited and recognized by the National University Commission (NUC), a body overseeing all tertiary institutions (Universities) in Nigeria.
Would you like to know the various Covenant University courses and their requirements you can enrol in? We have made available the list of all Covenant University Courses and requirements you need to know.
Covenant University General Admission Requirements
- The minimum entry requirements for admission into Covenant University are credit level passes in five (5) subjects at the WASSCE/GCE /NECO/NABTEB or its equivalent, obtained at not more than two (2) sittings. The subjects passed must include English Language and Mathematics.
- Candidates are also to note that other requirements may be specific to a College and/or a Department.
- Candidates applying to Covenant University are required to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and entry-level examination organized by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and attain the prescribed cut-off mark.
- Applicants are strongly advised to ensure that their UTME subject combination qualifies them for their chosen course of study.
Covenant University Application Requirements:
- Interested applicants must submit all the necessary documents (electronic, original or photocopied) to the school in support of an application that becomes a part of the Covenant University application record and cannot be released to the student or a third party.
- Interested candidates are advised to note that any falsified, forged or altered document submitted to the admission office would prompt the notification of the relevant authorities. Submission of such materials will disqualify an applicant for admission.
- Applicants must make a non-refundable application fee of a specified amount.
- Applicants must purchase and participate in the POST-UTME Screening exercise.
- A statement of purpose (not less than 500 words) should be prepared and submitted online along with the application. Statement of purpose should address the applicant’s intellectual interests, academic and professional objectives, visions, and life goals.
The application would only be considered completed when an applicant upload’s the following credentials:
- Birth Certificate
- Scanned JAMB result with applicant’s clearly visible passport photograph.
- WAEC or NECO Result (if available)
- Letter of Sponsorship by Parents.
- Please note that all the documents must be in PDF and not more than 100kb.
- In addition to the application fee, prospective students are to present two official recommendation letters for the application process to be completed.
- The recommendation letter should be from persons in positions to appraise the applicant’s potential for undergraduate study at Covenant University. These persons should include the following: Spiritual Leader, Principal or any teacher from your school.
After the online application process has been completed, a computer-based POST-UTME screening exercise would take place at the University campus in Canaan Land, Km. 10 Idiroko Road, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria.
The screening schedule would be accessible via the Screening Booking. Candidates will be notified via text messages.
Covenant University Courses:
Below are all the accredited Covenant University Courses and Requirements Kindly click on any of the courses you wish to apply for to see the UTME subject, Direct Entry, and O’Level requirements for the course.
- Banking And Finance
- Building Technology
- Business Administration
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Demography And Social Statistics
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- English Language
- Estate Management
- Industrial Chemistry
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics With Applied Geophysics
- Industrial Physics With Electronics And Its Application
- Industrial Physics With Renewable Energy
- Industrial Relations
- Industrial Relations And Human Resources Management
- Information And Communication Engineering
- International Relations
- Management Information System
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Policy And Strategic Studies
- Political Science
If you have found your desired course, you can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for the course through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), Direct Entry, or the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test for all eligible candidates.