Looking for some of the cheapest Pharmacy Schools in California? We’ve got you covered. In this article, we are going to walk you through the cheapest pharmacy schools in California.
Without a doubt, California houses some of the world’s biggest brands, especially in the Tech community but then, California is also home to a number of the top-ranking institution of higher learning, to-add to that, some unverified reports have it that it is one of the most expensive cities in the US.
Conversely, despite the expensive education standard in California, there are some moderately cheap ones out there, and YES, your dream of becoming a Pharmacist is very achievable. We have painstakingly compiled a list of some of the cheapest pharmacy schools in California, their respective tuition rates, and acceptance rates. Kindly read through to learn more.
Pharmacy Schools in California requirements
Before applying for the PharmD program in California, you must meet certain academic requirements, below are some of the requirements you need to look out for.
- Interested applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Applicants are expected to have acquired a minimum of at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in all college work and pre-pharmacy required courses at an accredited two- or four-year college (biochemistry must be taken at a four-year institution). Pre-pharmacy courses from vocational or technical schools are not accepted. If you did not achieve a minimum 3.0 GPA but demonstrate the ability to be successful in the program, you may still be considered for admission.
- Applicants are expected to have completed all pre-pharmacy required courses with a minimum grade of C or higher at least one week before applying for the PharmD program.
- You are expected to repeat pre-pharmacy requirements in the following areas if they were taken more than 10 years before your application: biochemistry, human physiology, microbiology, and organic chemistry.
List Of the Cheapest Pharmacy Schools in California
Below are the cheapest pharmacy schools in California. Several factors were taken into consideration while making this list, regardless, the primary factor remained the tuition.
1. UCSF School of Pharmacy
UCSF School of Pharmacy, is the pharmacy school of the University of California, San Francisco. The school is located in San Francisco. UCSF was founded in 1872 as the California College of Pharmacy by the California Pharmaceutical Society. It is the oldest pharmacy school in California and the western United States. The school has an annual enrolment of 850 students.
The school has a student body of 896 and an academic staff capacity of 863
UCSF School of Pharmacy acceptance rate: 11%
UCSF School of Pharmacy Tuition: $7,815.00
2. Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
The Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences is a graduate-level pharmacy school at the University of California, San Diego. The school was established in 2002.
The school offers five (5) educational programs: Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree awarded in a four-year program, Joint Bachelor of Science (BS) in Chemistry, and Pharm.D. degree awarded in a seven-year program in cooperation with UCSD’s Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, a Ph.D. degree in pharmaceutical and biomedical sciences, Post Pharm.D. pharmacy practice and specialty residencies and research fellowships, and a continuing education program for practicing pharmacists.
Generally, the school accepts 60 Pharm.D. students per year. It is one of the cheapest Pharmacy Schools in California
Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Acceptance Rate: 7%
Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Tuition: $11,814.00
3. California Northstate University College of Pharmacy
California Northstate University College of Pharmacy is a pharmacy school located in Elk Grove in the Sacramento, California metropolitan area.
California Northstate University College of Pharmacy Tuition: $49,245
California Northstate University College of Pharmacy Acceptance Rate: 16%
4. Marshall B. Ketchum University College of Pharmacy
Marshall B. Ketchum University College of Pharmacy is a Pharmacy school of the Marshall B. Ketchum University. The College of Pharmacy was established in 2014. The Marshall B. Ketchum University College of Pharmacy is a 4-year post-baccalaureate program leading to the degree of Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD).
Some of the primary goals for the Marshall B. Ketchum University College of Pharmacy are to foster interprofessional education and clinical practice experiences among all students throughout the different health programs. By providing a comprehensive curriculum, the school hopes to prepare its students for licensure and practice upon graduation. In addition, the university’s vision is to encourage students to acknowledge the role and value of the profession of pharmacy through leadership opportunities.
Marshall B. Ketchum University College of Pharmacy Acceptance Rate: 12%
Marshall B. Ketchum University College of Pharmacy Tuition: $13,502.50
5. Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy
Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy is the Pharmacy School of the Loma Linda University. The School of Pharmacy is located in the newly remodeled Shryock Hall, on Stewart Street, just south of the Centennial Complex building.
The main objective of the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree program offered at Loma Linda University is to educate pharmacists in a Seventh-day Adventist Christian setting. Graduates will be able to provide high-quality pharmacy care as fully participating members of healthcare teams committed to whole-person care.
Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy Tuition: $48,000
Loma Linda University School of Pharmacy Acceptance Rate: 23%
In this article, we listed some of the cheapest Pharmacy schools in California for prospective pharmacy students living in California, United States. Has this article provided an answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
- Best West Coast Law Schools in 2022
- Best WUE Schools in 2022
- 20 Free Accredited High School Diploma Online at no cost
- 64 Colleges that don’t require supplemental essays
- How to Get Netflix Student Discounts
- Top 10 Best musical theatre colleges in the US
- Top 10 Universities in Canada without application fees
- Universities you can apply to study in the UK without IELTS
- Top 10 Cheapest Universities in Canada for International Students
- Cost of Living in Canada for International Students
- Cheapest Universities in Canada for Masters Degree