Last Updated on January 9, 2022 by Spynaija
The west coast of the United States is home to many good law schools. Many of these schools are American Bar Association-accredited and they offer world-class J.D., LL.M., J.S.D. and PhD degrees. Here’s a look at the best west coast law schools.
Best West Coast law schools
Here is a list of some of the best west coast law schools you might need to consider if you’re living on the West Coast.
1. Stanford Law school
Stanford Law School is one of the best west coast law schools. It is the law school of Stanford University, a private research university located in Stanford, California, United States. Stanford University was established in 1893, and Since 1992 till date, Stanford Law school has consistently been ranked one of the top three law schools in the United States, with Yale Law School and Harvard Law School.
The school currently has a student population of about 634 students spread across its 128 faculties. The School is known for its student-to-faculty ratio of (7.3 to 1), one of the lowest in the country.
- Stanford Law School Bar pass rate 98.25%
- Tuition $120,604
- Stanford Law school Acceptance Rate 9.72%
2. USC Gould School of Law
The USC Gould School of Law is a law school within the University of Southern California. The school is located in Los Angeles, California, U.S. With a total of about 100 faculties, USC has a student population of about 821 students.
USC Gould requires a $75 application fee, which will be waived if you apply by the priority deadline.
With an acceptance rate of 19.2%, USC Law ranks #8 in terms of student selectivity among those who applied for admission.
- USC Gould School of Law Bar pass rate 86%
- USC Gould School of Law Acceptance rate 19.2%
- Application fee $75
- USC Gould School of Law Tuition $34,999
3. UCLA School of Law
The UCLA School of Law is a law school at the University of California, Los Angeles. The UCLA School of Law is located in Los Angeles, California, U.S. The UCLA School of Law officially opened in September 1949 in temporary quarters in former military barracks behind Royce Hall and later moved into its permanent home upon the completion of the original Law Building in 1951.
The school currently has a total enrollment of 975 students spread across its 104 faculties
- UCLA School of Law acceptance rate 20%
- UCLA School of Law Tuition $75,456
- UCLA School of Law Bar Pass Rate 97%
4. UC Davis School of Law
The UC Davis School of Law, commonly known as King Hall and UC Davis Law, is an American Bar Association-approved law school located in Davis, California on the campus of the University of California, Davis. The school received ABA approval in 1968. It joined the Association of American Law Schools (AALS) in 1968.
UC Davis School of Law is the smallest of the five law schools in the University of California system, with a total enrollment of under 700 students spread across the 62 faculties.
- UC Davis School of Law Bar Pass rate 94%
- UC Davis School of Law Acceptance rate 38.6%
- UC Davis School of Law Tuition $78,366 for California residents and $95,591 for non-residents.
5. UC Berkeley School of Law
The UC Berkeley School of Law is one of 14 schools and colleges at the University of California, Berkeley. The school originated in 1894 as the Department of Jurisprudence of the University of California. Berkeley School of Law is consistently ranked amongst the top 10 law schools in the United States and the world and also the top three public law schools in the United States.
In 2018, 97 per cent of graduates obtained full-time employment within 10 months of graduation; the school’s bar passage rate was 91 per cent, and the median salary of graduates was $180,000. The law school offers J.D., LL.M., J.S.D. and PhD degrees, and enrols approximately 3520 to 380 J.D. students in each entering class, annually, with each class being further broken down into smaller groups that take courses together.
UC Berkeley School of Law currently has a total student body of about 924 students spread across its 119 faculties.
- UC Berkeley School of Law Bar Pass rate: 92%
- UC Berkeley School of Law Tuition: Local tuition 44,244 USD, Domestic tuition 52,245 USD
- UC Berkeley School of Law Acceptance rate: 31%
In this article, we listed some of the best west coast law schools for prospective law students living within the western coast of the United States. Has this article provided an answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.
- Best WUE Schools in 2022
- 20 Free Accredited High School Diploma Online at no cost
- 64 Colleges that don’t require supplemental essays
- How to Get Netflix Student Discounts
- Top 10 Best musical theatre colleges in the US
- Top 10 Universities in Canada without application fees
- Universities you can apply to study in the UK without IELTS
- Top 10 Cheapest Universities in Canada for International Students
- Cost of Living in Canada for International Students
- Cheapest Universities in Canada for Masters Degree