Last Updated on October 14, 2022 by Spynaija
For most college undergraduates, going for a trip to the beach is generally assumed to be a luxury mainly for summer vacations.
However, that is not always true for a handful of students attending colleges and universities that are located mostly in Florida and California, sand and surf are staples of campus life that provide both educational enrichment and unique extracurricular opportunities.
So for prospective law students looking for law schools near the beach, we have compiled a list of some of the few law schools near the beach in California.
Law Schools Near the Beach
Below is a list of some law schools near the beach.
1. USC Gould School of Law
The USC Gould School of Law is a law school within the University of Southern California. The school is located in Los Angeles, California, the U.S. With a total of about 100 faculties, USC has a student population of about 821 students.
USC Gould requires a $75 application fee, which will be waived if you apply by the priority deadline.
With an acceptance rate of 19.2%, USC Law ranks #8 in terms of student selectivity among those who applied for admission.
- USC Gould School of Law Bar pass rate is 86%
- USC Gould School of Law’s Acceptance rate is 19.2%
- The application fee is $75
- USC Gould School of Law Tuition $34,999
2. Pepperdine University School of Law
Pepperdine University School of Law is a private law school of Pepperdine University. It was established in 1969. The university overlooks the Pacific Ocean and sits along with one of the most scenic roads in the country, the Pacific Coast Highway.
The school offers various law programs including the Juris Doctor (JD), and various Masters of Law (LLM) options in Dispute Resolution, International Commercial Arbitration, United States Law, and Entertainment, Media, and Sports Law. The school also offers joint degrees with its JD and Master of Dispute Resolution (MDR) in partnership with other Pepperdine University graduate schools. The school now offers an online Master of Legal Studies program and an online Master of Dispute Resolution program.
The school is known for its Straus Institute of Dispute Resolution, which is ranked 2nd in the nation by U.S. News & World Report for 2020.
Pepperdine Law School offers a Master of Legal Studies (MLS) degree online with an optional concentration in dispute resolution. The program is designed for non-lawyers who work with the law in some capacity and need a foundation in legal concepts and procedures. Students take courses on contracts, regulatory compliance, civil procedure, and intellectual property, among others.
- Pepperdine University School of Law Bar pass rate 86%
- Pepperdine University School of Law Acceptance rate 17.2%
- Pepperdine University School of Law Tuition $85,435
3. California Western School of Law
California Western School of Law is a private law school in San Diego, California. It was established in 1924. It is one of two successor organizations to California Western University, the other being Alliant International University. The school was approved by the American Bar Association (ABA) in 1962 and became a member of the Association of American Law Schools (AALS) in 1967.
- California Western School of Law Bar pass rate is 55%
- California Western School of Law’s Acceptance rate is 9.2%
- California Western School of Law Tuition $125,435
4. Thomas Jefferson School of Law
Thomas Jefferson School of Law (TJSL) is a private law school located in San Diego, California. It was established in 1969. The school offers a Juris Doctor and three Master of Laws programs, including one that is exclusively online, as well as a combined J.D./M.B.A. with San Diego State University.
The school is not approved by the American Bar Association (ABA), following the ABA’s withdrawal of approval in December 2019. However, it is currently approved by the California State Bar’s Committee of Bar Examiners. As a result, graduates are generally not able to take the bar or practice law outside of California.
Thomas Jefferson School of Law offers Master of Laws (LL.M.), Master of Science of Law (M.S.L), and JSD “Doctor of Laws or Juridical Science” degrees. Certificate Programs in International Financial Centers, United States Taxation, E-commerce, Anti-Money Laundering & Compliance, and Trusts and Estate Planning are available. Faculty for the program are generally part-time and populated with industry professionals.
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law Bar pass rate 52%
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law Acceptance rate 11.2%
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law Tuition $86,435
- Cheapest Law Schools in California, Tuitions & Rankings
- Best WUE Schools in 2022
- 20 Free Accredited High School Diploma Online at no cost
- 64 Colleges that don’t require supplemental essays
- How to Get Netflix Student Discounts
- Top 10 Best musical theatre colleges in the US
- Top 10 Universities in Canada without application fees
- Universities you can apply to study in the UK without IELTS
- Top 10 Cheapest Universities in Canada for International Students
- Cost of Living in Canada for International Students
- Cheapest Universities in Canada for Master’s Degree
There you go, these are some of the law schools near the beach. Has this article provided an answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.