Last Updated on May 18, 2023 by Spynaija
Acquiring an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) is the best decision if you want to gain prior clinical experience in your career as a nurse. The two-year program prepares you with a series of hands-on lab sessions, classroom work, and internships for a rewarding career as a registered nurse. So in this article, we will be walking you through a list of 2-year nursing programs in California.
2-Year Nursing Programs in California
Below is a list of some colleges with 2-Year Nursing Programs in California. All programs are duly accredited by the: Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
1. Chaffey College
The Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) program at Chaffey College was established in 1957. It was one of the first five institutions to offer Associate Degrees in Nursing programs in California. The 2-year associate degree in nursing at Chaffey College focuses on practical clinical applications of nursing through lab sessions, classroom lectures, clinical rotations, etc. Graduating students are eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN exam. More so, the study curriculum at Chaffey provides students with various scholarships, and internship opportunities, to help them even further in actualizing their dreams.
2. El Camino College
The Associate Degree Nursing program at El Camino College prepares its students with clinical skills, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving to provide the best healthcare needs to ailing patients. The 2-year degree program prepares graduates in a variety of healthcare settings as entry-level registered nurses. Also, applicants must acquire a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 in all college courses to qualify for the ADN program.
Dr. Carol DeLilly
Associate Dean/Nursing Program Director
310-900-1600, ext. 2702
Inquiries related to the ADN program should be directed to:
Senior Administrative Assistant
310-900-1600, ext. 2700
3. Cerritos College
If you so desire to work with a team of instructors who are eager, dedicated, and concerned about your success in your career, the Associate Degree Nursing program at Cerritos College is your best bait. Cerritos College’s ADN program includes a variety of lab and clinical analytic sessions, internships, and classroom lectures to prepare students for today’s healthcare system. The Associate Degree Nursing program at Cerritos College is duly accredited by the: Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
11110 Alondra Blvd.
Norwalk, CA 90650
4. Los Angeles Southwest College
The Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) degree at Los Angeles Southwest College prepares its students with the needed educational background and hands-on training they’ll need to start their career journey as Registered Nurses (R.N.)
As a student, you will;
- Learn human anatomy and physiology to better understand the human body and how it works.
- Learn how to diagnose medical conditions by listening to patients, asking questions, and using your understanding of diseases and symptoms to determine if the patient needs medical care.
- Build practical nursing skills in nursing laboratories before traveling onsite to study and strengthen your patient care abilities at local Los Angeles hospitals and clinics.
1237 North Mission Road
Los Angeles, CA 90033
323-226-4911 ext. 6511
5. Allan Hancock College
Classroom lectures and supervised practice in both lab and real-world settings make up the two-semester Registered Nursing program at Allan Hancock College. Students are trained to master the fundamental principles needed to take the NCLEX-RN exam from the best tutors with varying levels of experience in the profession. Also, the curriculum at Allan Hancock College is a wonderful option for students who have already finished a vocational school or have LVN certification in California.
6. Saddleback College Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program
The two-year (four-semester) associate degree program at Saddleback College kicked off in 1971. Students are prepared by hands-on clinical experiences in a range of clinical simulation labs, acute care, and long-term care settings. The program is duly accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Graduates of the program are qualified to sit for the Registered Nurse licensing test administered by the California State Board.
Location: HS 235
Phone: (949) 582-4701
Email us at email@example.com
7. Monterey Peninsula College
The 4-semester long associate degree nursing program at Monterey Peninsula College is offered in both general education and nursing to provide the broad knowledge required for the delivery of quality nursing care.
The program curriculum gives students an opportunity to apply nursing skills in a variety of healthcare settings including acute medical/surgical, pediatric, obstetric, geriatric, psychiatric, and community-based agencies.
Upon successful completion, graduates are awarded the Associate of Science degree with a nursing major and are eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN)
Division Office Manager
Dean of STEM
Dr. Vincent Van Joolen
8. Palomar College
The ADN program at Palomar College prepares its students through both theoretical and clinical learning experiences in nursing to aid them in providing quality nursing care and also in diverse healthcare settings. The program curriculum reflects all competencies identified in the Quality and Safety Education for Nursing (QSEN) standards.
On successful completion of the ADN program, graduates will be prepared to take the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nursing (NCLEX-RN).
1140 WEST MISSION ROAD
SAN MARCOS, CALIFORNIA 92069
9. Moorpark College
The associate degree in nursing program at Moorpark College prepares its students with the necessary clinical skills that will aid them in the function of registered nurses in the direct care of patients. You will be taught by professors who are enthusiastic about their specialties. The 2-year program is fully approved by the California State Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) and also accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Furthermore, to improve your learning experience, you will be actively involved in collaboration and critical thinking opportunities with your peers and professors.
Department Chair: Christina Lee
Phone: (805) 378-1433
10. Riverside City College
Nursing is a rapidly evolving field with several opportunities. Students at the RCC School of Nursing (SON) have a variety of options for reaching their educational and career objectives, these are; Traditional (2 years), Concurrent Enrollment (2 years), and Advanced Placement (1 year)
The program curriculum includes courses in several fields including Pharmacology, Pathophysiology, Chronic Illness, and Acute Maternal Child Specialty. RCC makes some of these courses optional, unlike other ADN programs in California.
The program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and also by the Board of Registered Nursing.
Upon completion of the five-semester program, students would be prepared to sit for the NCLEX-RN exams.
- All interested applicants must have a valid United States Social Security Number (required for clinical facilities).
- All interested applicants must have a valid Government-issued picture ID (Driver’s License, Identification Card, Passport, Military ID).
- All interested applicants must have a valid American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR card.
- Applicants must have a clean criminal background, and drug and health clearance are required at the time of program admittance. If the educational process is interrupted a new background check/drug screen will be required.
- Applicants must complete a physical exam and immunizations.
- Applicant’s CPR card and health clearances must be kept up to date during the program duration for continued enrollment.
- Easiest nursing schools to get into in California
- BSN to DNP programs in California
- Easiest PA Schools to Get into & Admission Requirements
- Easiest Nursing Schools to Get into in Florida, Acceptance Rates & Average GPAs
- Easiest Nursing Schools to Get into in Texas, Acceptance Rates & Average NCLEX Passing Rates
- Best WUE Schools in 2023
- Best Estheticians Schools Online
- Easiest Nursing Schools to Get into, Acceptance Rates & Tuitions
- Easiest Medical Schools to get into
- Easiest Medical Schools to get into in California
- Best Osteopathic Medical Schools for Surgery, Acceptance Rates & Minimum GPA
Has this article provided an answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.