Last Updated on October 7, 2022 by Spynaija
The University of Maiduguri, UNIMAID as it is fondly called is a globally Acknowledged Nigerian university, owned and managed by the Nigerian federal government. The University of Maiduguri was founded in 1975 by the Nigerian federal government with the aim of it becoming one of the country’s leading higher education institutions. The University of Maiduguri is located in Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria. The University of Maiduguri offers various undergraduate courses/programs.
The University of Maiduguri courses are fully accredited and recognized by the National University Commission (NUC), a body overseeing all tertiary institutions (Universities) in Nigeria.
UNIMAID Admission Requirements
Interested applicants must take part in the Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination UTME and must have acquired a minimum score of 180
- Applicants must acquire at least 5 credits (English and Mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result. O’level results can be either WAEC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB results.
- UTME candidates must also take part in the university’s POST-UTME screening if the examination is said to be conducted.
- Applicants must have attained the age of 16 to be offered admission into the university. If you are not up to 16 yet, you will not be offered admission.
- Candidates are expected to meet the required admission cutoff mark for their respective courses to be offered admission.
- Top 10 Best State Universities in Nigeria to Study Medicine and Surgery
- Top 10 Cheapest Private Universities in Nigeria and their Fees
- How To Check JAMB Result Through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change Of Course And Institution/Data Correction
- Top 10 Best Universities in Nigeria
- How to print JAMB original result slip
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Master’s Degree
- Cost Of Living in Canada For International Students
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Oldest Private Universities in Nigeria
Would you like to know a list of UNIMAID courses and their requirements you can enroll in? Below is a list of all NUC-accredited UNIMAID Courses and requirements you need to know.
UNIMAID Courses And Requirements:
Below is a list of all accredited UNIMAID Courses, kindly click on any of the courses you wish to apply for to see the UTME subject, Direct Entry, and O’Level requirements for the course.
- Adult Education
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Science And Education
- Animal Science
- Arabic Studies
- Banking And Finance
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Dentistry And Dental Surgery
- Economics /Geography/Physics
- Education And Arabic
- Education And Biology
- Education And Chemistry
- Education And Economics
- Education And English Language
- Education And Geography
- Education And Hausa
- Education And History
- Education And Islamic Studies
- Education And Mathematics
- Education And Physics
- Education And Science
- Education Arts
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- English Language
- Environmental Biology
- Food Science And Technology
- Forestry And Wildlife
- Health Education
- Home Economics And Education
- Islamic Studies
- Islamic/Sharia Law
- Library Science
- Linguistics And Kanuri
- Linguistics Fulfulde
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Medicine And Surgery
- Natural And Environmental Science
- Nursing/Nursing Science
- Physical Education
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Sociology And Anthropology
- Veterinary Medicine
If you have found your desired course, you can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test for all eligible candidates.
This article provided the official UNIMAID Courses and the Admission requirements plus some valuable information for prospective applicants. Has this article provided the answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.