Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) 2021/2022 Admission Application
The Nigerian Defence Academy’s 73rd regular course admission online application form has been made available for sale from Saturday 23 January 2021 to Saturday 24 April 2021. This application is opened to all Nigerians of both male and female genders.
Applicants applying for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy must also apply for the Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination UTME and must select NDA as first choice institution.
Only applicants who score a minimum of the grades below for his/her chosen faculty/programme in the JAMB 2021 examination would be offered admission into NDA by the AFSB.
Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences, Science and Military Science & Interdisciplinary Studies
Faculty of Engineering
Candidates admitted into the Nigerian Defence Academy’s 73rd regular course programme will undergo both military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a minimum duration of 5 years for Nigerian Army cadets and 4 years for Nigerian Navy, and Nigerian Air force cadets respectively. Upon successful completion, graduates will earn an honors degree in their respective core discipline i.e. BSc, BEng, BA, and also earn a Presidential Commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
The screening test will be conducted as phase one of the Post-UTME screening. Only candidates with the JAMB 2021 Registration Number will be qualified to write the examination.
Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) 2021/2022 Admission Application Requirements:
Applicants eligible for 73 Regular Course admission into NDA must possess the qualities below:
- Applicants must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Applicant must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Applicant must present a Certificate of indigene ship from the state government or local government area.
- Applicant must be at least 17 years old and NOT more than 21 years old as of September in the year of entry into the Academy.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5 ordinary level credits at GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NBAIS, and NABTEB) English language, Mathematics, and three other subjects which are relevant to the intended programme at not more than two sittings.
- Applicant must have passed the Unified Tertiary Matriculation examinations (UTME) and attain an acceptable minimum national standard (as determined by JAMB annual policy meeting) in English language, Mathematics, and any other 2 subjects relevant to the proposed course of study as set out by the JAMB Brochure.
- Applicant must NOT be less than 1.68 meters tall for male and 1.65 meters for female.
- Applicant’s ability to speak and understand French, Arabic, and Mandarin languages is an added advantage.
Note the following:
- Application forms submitted without WASSCE/NECO or GCE results will NOT be accepted.
- Applicants awaiting results are not qualified.
- Only ordinary level examination results of NOT more than 5 years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
- Admission into NDA is for Nigerians only.
How to Apply for NDA 2021/2022 Admission
Qualified applicants are required to login to the official application portal https://rcapplications.nda.edu.ng/, and select “Purchase Form” pay for their application via REMITA in the sum of N3,500.00 only. Applicants are advised to note that only payment against the RRR Codes generated through the application portal would be accepted.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Application forms are to be submitted together with the scanned WASSCE or NECO results online. On submission of the online application, candidates are to download an Acknowledgement Form afterward.
SCREENING TEST DATE AND REQUIREMENTS:
The screening test will be conducted as phase one of the Post-UTME screening and is scheduled to hold on Saturday, 15 May 2021. Therefore, all eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Screening Test Admission Card, JAMB result slip, TWO (2) postcard-sized (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Screening Test Centre.
The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, Exam number, State, Exam Centre, Course of study, and Signature at the back.
Only successful candidates at the NDA Screening Test will subsequently be invited to the Armed Forces Selection Board (phase 2 of the screening test) following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
All Regular Course cadets will train in NDA, and the Nigerian Government will bear the cost of their administration and logistics.
In response to candidates’ requests for reference materials, the Academy has offered a Compendium of Past Questions & Answers at a token fee to interested candidates. This can be purchased from the Registry, NDA.
Official Website: www.nda.edu.ng
Application Portal: rcapplications.nda.edu.ng
E-Mail: [email protected]