To study Cell Biology and Genetics in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Cell Biology and Genetics is very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore, knowing the conditions and the required subjects will help you and give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem. It further helps you avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combinations for Cell Biology and Genetics before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Cell Biology and Genetics.
- JAMB Subject Combination for Cell Biology and Genetics.
- Direct Entry Requirements for Cell Biology and Genetics.
- UTME Requirements for Cell Biology and Genetics.
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Cell Biology and Genetics
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Cell Biology and Genetics:
- And either Physics or Mathematics
WAEC Requirements for Cell Biology and Genetics:
- Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes in English Language, Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry, and any one of Health Science, Statistics, Physics, and Geography
Direct Entry Requirements for Cell Biology and Genetics:
- Interested applicants must acquire at least two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Biology and either Chemistry or Physics.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Cell Biology and Genetics. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Cell Biology and Genetics:
- University Of Lagos – UNILAG
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for Cell Biology and Genetics either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.