To study Science Laboratory Technology in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Science Laboratory Technology is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Science Laboratory Technology before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Science Laboratory Technology
- JAMB Subject Combination for Science Laboratory Technology
- Direct Entry Requirements for Science Laboratory Technology
- UTME Requirements for Science Laboratory Technology
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Table Of Contents
JAMB UTME Requirements for Science Laboratory Technology
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Science Laboratory Technology:
- And either one of Physics or Mathematics.
WAEC Requirements for Science Laboratory Technology:
Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- English Language
- Biology and Physics.
Direct Entry Requirements for Science Laboratory Technology:
- Interested applicants must acquire at least two (2) A-Level passes in Chemistry and any one (1) from Biology, Zoology, or Botany
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Science Laboratory Technology. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Science Laboratory Technology:
- Bauchi State University, Gadau, Bauchi State – BASU
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – EKSU
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State – FUTO
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil, Kano State – KUST
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State – LAUTECH
- Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – UNIPORT
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.