Last Updated on December 2, 2021 by Spynaija
To study Science Laboratory Technology in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combinations and requirements you need to look out for.
Science Laboratory Technology is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Science Laboratory Technology before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Science Laboratory Technology
- JAMB Subject Combination for Science Laboratory Technology
- Direct Entry Requirements for Science Laboratory Technology
- UTME Requirements for Science Laboratory Technology
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Science Laboratory Technology
Applicants are advised to note that, Use of English is compulsory for all the courses in JAMB’s UTME while the other three (3) subjects must be relevant to the applicant’s chosen course of study.
JAMB Subject Combination for Science Laboratory Technology:
- And either one of Physics or Mathematics.
WAEC Requirements for Science Laboratory Technology:
Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- English Language
- Biology and Physics.
Direct Entry Requirements for Science Laboratory Technology:
- Interested applicants must acquire at least two (2) A-Level passes in Chemistry and any one (1) from Biology, Zoology, or Botany
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Science Laboratory Technology. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Science Laboratory Technology:
These are all the NUC approved and accredited Nigerian Universities you can apply to study Science Laboratory Technology
- Bauchi State University, Gadau, Bauchi State – BASU
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – EKSU
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State – FUTO
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil, Kano State – KUST
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State – LAUTECH
- Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – UNIPORT
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for Science Laboratory Technology in the above-listed universities either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparation to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided all the JAMB Subject Combination for Science Laboratory Technology, WAEC subjects for Science Laboratory Technology including other valuable information for prospective applicants. Has this article provided answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.