To study Oceanography in any accredited university in Nigeria, here are the Jamb and Waec subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Marine research studies all aspects of the ocean. Marine research covers a wide variety of topics, from marine life and ecosystems to currents and waves, sediment movements, and seabed geology.
What does a marine scientist do?
A marine scientist studies the ocean.
Marine scientists and marine biologists study plants and animals in the marine environment. … As they take samples, they look at millions of years of history with the size of the seabed, plate tectonics, ocean orbit, and climate.
Oceanography is very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Oceanography before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- O’Level Requirements for Oceanography
- JAMB Subject Combination for Oceanography
- Direct Entry Requirements for Oceanography
- UTME Requirements for Oceanography
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
UTME, O’Level and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Oceanography.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all the courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Oceanography:
- Biology, Chemistry & Physics or Mathematics.
Direct Entry Requirements for Oceanography:
- Interested candidates are required to acquire a minimum of at least two (2) A-Level passes in Biology and Chemistry.
O’Level Requirements for Oceanography:
- Interested candidates are required to acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include English, Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and any other relevant science subject.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to the JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Oceanography. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want to. IT IS COMPLETELY FREE