To study Mathematics and Economics in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Mathematics and Economics is one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore, knowing the conditions and the required subjects will help you and give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem. It further helps you avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Mathematics and Economics before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
- Top 10 Best State Universities in Nigeria to Study Medicine and Surgery
- Top 10 Cheapest Private Universities in Nigeria and their Fees
- How To Check JAMB Result Through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change Of Course And Institution/Data Correction
- Top 10 Best Universities in Nigeria
- How to print JAMB original result slip
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Masters Degree
- Cost Of Living in Canada For International Students
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Oldest Private Universities in Nigeria
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Mathematics and Economics
- JAMB Subject Combination for Mathematics and Economics
- Direct Entry Requirements for Mathematics and Economics
- UTME Requirements for Mathematics and Economics
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Mathematics and Economics
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Mathematics and Economics
- Economics and any other Science or Social Science subject.
Direct Entry Requirements for Mathematics and Economics
- Two (2) A-Level passes at not more than two (2) sittings. The subjects should include Mathematics and Economics.
- ND upper credit in Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science, Accounting or Business Studies from a recognised Polytechnic or College of Technology.
- HND lower credit in Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science, Accounting or Business Studies from a recognised Polytechnic or College of Technology.
- NCE credit in Mathematics and Economics from a recognised College of Education. In addition, candidates should have merit.
WAEC Requirements for Mathematics and Economics
- Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE Credit passes to include; English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any other two (2) subjects selected from Science or Social Sciences at not more than two (2)sittings.
Universities Offering Mathematics and Economics
Below are all the accredited institutions offering Mathematics and Economics in Nigeria. Kindly click on any of the universities you wish to apply for to see their requirements for Mathematics and Economics and other courses.
- University Of Benin – UNIBEN
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), Direct Entry, or the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program.
In this article, we provided the JAMB Subject combination for Mathematics and Economics and some valuable information for prospective applicants. Has this article provided answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.