Last Updated on February 27, 2021 by Spynaija
Marine Engineering is a field of study engaged in the design, development, production, and maintenance of equipment used at sea for example vessels, boats, ships, etc.
Marine engineers and architects design and oversee the testing, installations, and repair of marine equipment and apparatus. … Sometimes they also work in rigs to oversee the repair or maintenance of the system they built.
To study Marine Engineering in any accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the Jamb and Waec subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Marine Engineering is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Marine Engineering before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- O’Level Requirements for Marine Engineering
- JAMB Subject Combination for Marine Engineering
- Direct Entry Requirements for Marine Engineering
- UTME Requirements for Marine Engineering
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
UTME/JAMB, O’Level and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Marine Engineering
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Marine Engineering:
- Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
Direct Entry Requirement for Marine Engineering:
- A-Level passes in Physics and Mathematics.
- ND/HND upper credit at appropriate levels.
O’Level Requirements for Marine Engineering:
- Interested candidates are required to possess a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English Language, and one Science subject.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Marine Engineering. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
NUC Accredited Nigerian Universities Offering Marine Engineering
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom State – AKSU
- Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun, Delta State – FUPRE
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- Nigerian Maritime University, Okerenkoko, Delta State
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – RSUST
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN