To study International Relations in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
International Relations is one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore, knowing the conditions and the required subjects will help you and give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem. It further helps you avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for International Relations before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for International Relations
- JAMB Subject Combination for International Relations
- Direct Entry Requirements for International Relations
- UTME Requirements for International Relations
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for International Relations
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for International Relations
- Mathematics and any two (2) of the following: Economics, History, Government, Geography, Literature in English and French.
WAEC Requirements for International Relations
- Interested applicants must acquire at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include English Language, Government and Mathematics and any other two (2) relevant subjects.
Direct Entry Requirements for International Relations
- Applicants must acquire at least two (2) A-Level passes in any of the following subjects: Government, Economics, History and French.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for International Relations. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering International Relations
Below are all the accredited institutions offering International Relations in Nigeria. Kindly click on any of the universities you wish to apply for to see their requirements for Law and other courses.
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State
- Admiralty University Of Nigeria, Ibusa, Delta State
- Anchor University, Ayobo, Lagos State
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Baze University, Abuja, FCT
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Caleb University, Imota, Lagos State
- Chrisland University, Owode, Ogun State
- Christopher University, Mowe, Ogun State
- Coal City University, Enugu, Enugu State
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota, Ogun State
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike, Enugu State
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Hezekiah University, Umudi, Imo State
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji, Osun State
- Kings University, Ode-Omu, Osun State
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran, Kwara State
- Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ogun State
- Nigerian Army University, Biu, Borno State
- Obafemi Awolowo University
- Obong University, Obong, Ntak, Akwa Ibom State
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu, Osun State
- Skyline University Nigeria, Kano, Kano State
- Southwestern University, Okun-Owa, Ogun State
- Tansian University, Oba, Anambra State
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State
- University Of Mkar, Gboko, Benue State
- Wellspring University, Irhihi-Ogbaneki, Benin City, Edo State
- Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta State
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), Direct Entry, or the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.