To study Insurance and Actuarial Science in any accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here is the Jamb, Waec subject combination, and requirements you need to look out for.
An actuary is an expert who uses mathematics, statistics, and financial theory to analyze financial risk. Most actuaries work in the insurance industry and help insurance companies create and insure prices based on the likelihood that they will pay the damage.
Insurance and Actuarial Science is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required subjects will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Insurance and Actuarial Science before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- O’Level Requirements for Insurance and Actuarial Science
- JAMB Subject Combination for Insurance and Actuarial Science
- Direct Entry Requirements for Insurance and Actuarial Science
- UTME Requirements for Insurance and Actuarial Science
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
UTME, O’Level and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Insurance And Actuarial Science
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Insurance and Actuarial Science:
- Mathematics, Economics, and one (1) other relevant subject.
O’Level Requirements for Insurance and Actuarial Science:
- Interested candidates are required to possess at least a minimum of five (5) WASSCE credit passes including English Language, Mathematics, Economics plus any two (2) of Accounting, Business Methods, Commerce, Government, Geography, and Statistics.
Direct Entry Requirements for Insurance and Actuarial Science:
- Interested candidates are required to possess at least a minimum of Two (2) ‘A’ level passes chosen from Economics, Accounts, Business Management, Government, Geography, or Statistics.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS
- IMSU No Direct Entry.
All NUC accredited Nigerian Universities Offering Insurance and Actuarial Science.
Kindly click on these institutions to see other courses that might interest you.
- Baze University, Abuja, FCT
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State – IMSU
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- University Of Uyo – UNIUYO
- Wesley University, Ondo, Ondo State