Last Updated on June 15, 2021 by Spynaija
To study Home Economics in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Home Economics is very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore, knowing the conditions and the required subjects will help you and give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem. It further helps you avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Home Economics before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Home Economics
- JAMB Subject Combination for Home Economics
- Direct Entry Requirements for Home Economics
- UTME Requirements for Home Economics
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Home Economics
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Home Economics:
WAEC Requirements for Home Economics:
- Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes in Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, Mathematics, Physics, English Language and any one of Nutrition, Fine Arts, Textile, Construction, Technical Drawing, Basic Electricity, Basic Catering and Food Services, Bakery and Confectioneries, General Metal Work, Men Garment Construction and Finishing, Spinning, Weaving, Surface Design and Printing, Bleaching, Dyeing and Finishing, Ladies Garment Construction and Finishing.
Direct Entry Requirements for Home Economic:
- Two (2) A Level passes or equivalents in Chemistry and Biology/Botany/ Agricultural Science/Economics/ Physics/Mathematics/ Geography/Accounting.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Home Economics. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Home Economics:
- Bells University Of Technology, Ota, Ogun State
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State – FUNAAB
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State
- Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – UNIOSUN
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State – UNILORIN
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.