Last Updated on March 23, 2021 by Spynaija
To study Geography in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Geography is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Geography before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Geography
- JAMB Subject Combination for Geography
- Direct Entry Requirements for Geography
- UTME Requirements for Geography
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Geography:
- And any two (2) of either Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Agricultural Science.
WAEC Requirements for Geography:
Interested applicants are expected to acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- English Language
- Geography and any other two (2) Science subjects.
Direct Entry Requirements for Geography:
Interested applicants must have acquired the following;
- Two (2) A-Level passes in any one of Economics., Government, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Geography. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Geography:
- Abia State University – ABSU
- Adamawa State University, Mubi, Adamawa State – ADSU
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State – BSU
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – EKSU
- Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Niger State
- Federal University, Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State
- Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- Gombe State University, Tudun Wada, Gombe, Gombe State – GSU
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, Niger State
- Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – IAUED
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna, Kaduna State – KASU
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil, Kano State – KUST
- Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology, Aliero, Kebbi State – KSUSTA
- Kogi State University, Anyigba, Kogi State – KSU
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin, Kwara State – KWASU
- Kwararafa University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State – MAUTY
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State
- Niger Delta University – NDU
- Nigerian Army University, Biu, Borno State – NAUB
- Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna, Kaduna State – NDA
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – UNIOSUN
- Plateau State University, Bokkos, Plateau State – PLASU
- Sokoto State University, Sokoto, Sokoto State – SOSU
- Taraba State University, Jalingo, Taraba State – TSUJ
- Umaru Musa Yaradua University, Katsina, Katsina State – UMYUK
- University Of Abuja, Abuja, FCT – UNIABUJA
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Lagos – UNILAG
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State – UNIMAID
- University Of Uyo – UNIUYO
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto, Sokoto State – UDU
- Yobe State University, Damaturu, Yobe State – YSU
- Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano, Kano State
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.