Last Updated on March 24, 2021 by Spynaija
To study Education And Social Science in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Education And Social Science is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Education And Social Science before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Education And Social Science
- JAMB Subject Combination for Education And Social Science
- Direct Entry Requirements for Education And Social Science
- UTME Requirements for Education And Social Science
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
WAEC Requirements for Education And Social Science:
- Interested applicants are required to acquire a minimum of at least five (5) O Level credit passes or equivalent to include English Language and Mathematics.
JAMB Subject Combination for Education And Social Science:
- Any three (3) Social Science subjects.
Direct Entry Requirements for Education And Social Science:
- NCE in two (2) relevant subjects.
- Two (2) A-Level passes in relevant subjects.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Education And Social Science. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Education And Social Science:
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State – EBSU
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – UNIPORT
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.