To study Economics and Statistics in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Economics and Statistics is one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore, knowing the conditions and the required subjects will help you and give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem. It further helps you avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Economics and Statistics before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
- Top 10 Best State Universities in Nigeria to Study Medicine and Surgery
- Top 10 Cheapest Private Universities in Nigeria and their Fees
- How To Check JAMB Result Through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change Of Course And Institution/Data Correction
- Top 10 Best Universities in Nigeria
- How to print JAMB original result slip
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Masters Degree
- Cost Of Living in Canada For International Students
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
- Top 10 Oldest Private Universities in Nigeria
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Economics and Statistics
- JAMB Subject Combination for Economics and Statistics
- Direct Entry Requirements for Economics and Statistics
- UTME Requirements for Economics and Statistics
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Economics and Statistics
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Economics and Statistics
- Mathematics and any of Government, History, Geography, Literature in English, French and Christian Religious Studies /Islamic Studies.
Direct Entry Requirements for Economics and Statistics
- Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of two (2) A-Level passes in Economics and any one of Mathematics, Statistics, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Accounting, Business Management, History and Government.
WAEC Requirements for Economics and Statistics
- Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE Credit passes to include; English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any two (2) of Arts or Social Science subjects.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Economics and Statistics. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Economics and Statistics
Below are all the accredited institutions offering Economics and Statistics in Nigeria. Kindly click on any of the universities you wish to apply for to see their requirements for Economics and Statistics and other courses.
- Federal University Gashua
- Federal University, Kashere
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti
- Igbinedion University
- University Of Benin – UNIBEN
- Obafemi Awolowo University – OAU
- University Of Uyo – UNIUYO
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri – FUTO
- Rhema University
- University Of Abuja – UNIABUJA
- Caritas University
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), Direct Entry, or the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in these universities for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided the JAMB Subject combination for Economics and Statistics and some valuable information for prospective applicants. Has this article provided answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.