To study Biomedical Engineering / Technology in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Biomedical Engineering / Technology is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Biomedical Engineering / Technology before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- O’Level Requirements for Biomedical Engineering / Technology
- JAMB Subject Combination for Biomedical Engineering / Technology
- Direct Entry Requirements for Biomedical Engineering / Technology
- UTME Requirements for Biomedical Engineering / Technology
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
O’Level, Direct Entry, and JAMB UTME Requirements for Biomedical Engineering / Technology
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Biomedical Engineering / Technology
- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
O’Level Requirements for Biomedical Engineering / Technology
- Five (5) WASSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Direct Entry Requirements for Biomedical Engineering / Technology
- Two (2) A-Level passes in Chemistry and any one of Physics, Biology/ Zoology/Botany and Mathematics.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Biomedical Engineering / Technology. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Biomedical Engineering / Technology
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State
- Bells University Of Technology, Ota, Ogun State – Bells
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State – UNILORIN
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
- Technical University, Ibadan, Oyo State – Tech-Ibadan
Universities Offering Biomedical Technology
- Federal University Of Technology Akure – FUTA
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri – FUTO
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.