Last Updated on March 25, 2021 by Spynaija
Archaeology or archeology is the study of ancient and past lives of the human or objects’ existence through research carried out with any feasible material remains.
These remains are commonly referred to as artifacts. Archaeologists use artifacts to find out how people lived at specific times and places.
To study Archaeology in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Archaeology before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Archaeology
- JAMB Subject Combination for Archaeology
- Direct Entry Requirements for Archaeology
- UTME Requirements for Archaeology
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Archaeology:
- Any two (2) subjects from Arts, Social Sciences and one of History, Religious Studies, Government and Geography.
Direct Entry Requirements for Archaeology:
- Interested candidates must acquire a minimum of two (2) A-Level passes in Arts or Social Sciences and one Science subject.
WAEC Requirements for Archaeology:
- Interested candidates must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include English Language and one of the following subjects, Religious Studies, Geography, Economics, and History.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Archaeology. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Nigerian Universities Offering Archaeology:
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.