Last Updated on July 9, 2021 by Spynaija
To study Applied Geophysics in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WAEC subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Applied Geophysics is very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore, knowing the conditions and the required subjects will help you and give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem. It further helps you avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Applied Geophysics before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Applied Geophysics
- JAMB Subject Combination for Applied Geophysics
- Direct Entry Requirements for Applied Geophysics
- UTME Requirements for Applied Geophysics
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
- How To Check JAMB Result Through SMS or with Registration Number
- JAMB Change Of Course And Institution/Data Correction
- Top 10 Best Universities in Nigeria
- How to print JAMB original result slip
- Top 10 Cheap Universities in Canada for international students
- Cheap Universities in Canada for Masters Degree
- Cost Of Living in Canada For International Students
- Top 10 Oldest State Universities in Nigeria
- Private Universities in Nigeria
JAMB UTME Requirements for Applied Geophysics
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
WAEC Requirements for Applied Geophysics:
Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Biology
JAMB Subject Combination for Applied Geophysics:
Any three (3) of the following;
Direct Entry Requirements for Applied Geophysics:
- Applicants must acquire at least an A-Level passes in Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Applied Geophysics. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Applied Geophysics:
Below are all the accredited institutions offering Applied Geophysics in Nigeria. Kindly click on any of the universities you wish to apply for to see their requirements for Law and other courses.
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot-Akpaden, Akwa Ibom State – AKSU
- Anchor University, Ayobo, Lagos State
- Arthur Jarvis University, Akpabuyo, Cross River State
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure, Ondo State
- Federal University, Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State – UNILORIN
You can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for Applied Geophysics through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), Direct Entry, or the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.