Last Updated on April 23, 2021 by Spynaija
To study Agricultural Economics in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Agricultural Economics is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural Economics before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Agricultural Economics
- JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural Economics
- Direct Entry Requirements for Agricultural Economics
- UTME Requirements for Agricultural Economics
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Agricultural Economics
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
WAEC Requirements for Agricultural Economics:
Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of at least five (5) WASSCE credit passes to include;
- English Language
- Biology/Agricultural Science and one of Geography, Physics, and Economics.
JAMB Subject Combination for Agricultural Economics:
- Biology or Agricultural Science
- And Mathematics or Physics.
Direct Entry Requirements for Agricultural Economics:
Applicants must acquire a minimum of at least two (2) A-Level passes in Chemistry and one of Zoology/Botany/Agricultural Science/Biology, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Geology, Economics and Health Science.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Agricultural Economics. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Agricultural Economics
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State – FUTO
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State – LAUTECH
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran, Kwara State
- Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia State
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – UNIOSUN
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UNIBADAN
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.