To study Guidance and Counselling in any NUC accredited university or polytechnic in Nigeria, here are the JAMB and WASSCE subject combination and requirements you need to look out for.
Guidance and Counselling is a very competitive and one of the most sought-after courses in any Nigerian university. Therefore knowing the conditions and also the required JAMB subject combination will help you and also give you a proper guide to applying for it without any problem, it further helps you to avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Please carefully read all the necessary requirements and terms of registration and the JAMB Subject Combination for Guidance and Counselling before proceeding to apply/register for either the UTME or DIRECT ENTRY for the said course.
This article covers the following:
- WAEC Requirements for Guidance and Counselling
- JAMB Subject Combination for Guidance and Counselling
- Direct Entry Requirements for Guidance and Counselling
- UTME Requirements for Guidance and Counselling
- Plus any other useful information you may need that will ease your registration process.
JAMB UTME Requirements for Guidance and Counselling
Note that English Language is Compulsory for all courses in UTME.
JAMB Subject Combination for Guidance and Counselling:
Any three (3) subjects.
WAEC Requirements for Guidance and Counselling:
Five (5) ‘O’ Level NTC/NBC credit passes or TC II merit including English Language with ‘O’ Level pass in Mathematics.
Direct Entry Requirements for Guidance and Counselling
‘A’ Level passes or NCE in two (2) subjects plus the UTME requirements.
NOTE: Please Kindly make reference to JAMB Brochure for SPECIAL CONSIDERATION AND WAIVER REMARKS by various universities for Guidance and Counselling. KINDLY CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE JAMB BROCHURE. You can as well download the JAMB Brochure if you want, IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
Universities Offering Guidance and Counselling:
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State – AAUA
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo, Oyo State
- Al- Hikmah University, Ilorin, Kwara State
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State – AAU
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State – BSU
- Caleb University, Imota, Lagos State
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State – COOU
- Cross Rivers University Of Technology, Calabar, Cross Rivers State – CRUTECH
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State – EBSU
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – EKSU
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu, Enugu State – ESUTECH
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Ignatius Ajuru University Of Education, Port Harcourt, Rivers State – IAUED
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State – IMSU
- Kwararafa University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State – LASU
- Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – UNIOSUN
- Sokoto State University, Sokoto, Sokoto State – Sosu
- Tai Solarin University Of Education, Ijagun, Ogun State – TASUED
- Tansian University, Oba, Anambra State
- University Of Abuja, Abuja, FCT – UNIABUJA
- University Of Africa, Toru-Orua, Bayelsa State
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UI
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
- Veritas University, Abuja, FCT
You can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs for this course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test in some of these universities for all eligible candidates.