Igbinedion University courses are fully accredited and recognized by the National University Commission (NUC), a body overseeing all tertiary institutions (Universities) in Nigeria.
Igbinedion University Okada (IUO) is a privately owned and managed university in Nigeria. Igbinedion University is located in Okada, Ovia North-East Local Government Area in Edo State, Nigeria. It is worth noting that Igbinedion University is the first private university in Nigeria, Igbinedion University was established in 1999. Igbinedion University offers various undergraduate courses/programs.
Would you like to know a list of Igbinedion University courses and their requirements you can enrol in? Listed below is a list of all NUC accredited courses offered at Igbinedion University.
Igbinedion University Admission Requirements
- Candidates seeking admission into the Igbinedion University are required to sit for Unified Tertiary Examination (UTME) and obtain the prescribed cut-off marks.
- Interested applicants must acquire a minimum of five credit passes at the GCE/WAEC, SSCE/NECO, or SSCE/NABTEB certificate examinations, which must include English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
- Applicants seeking admission into Law must possess at least a credit pass in Literature in English. Candidates awaiting GCE/NECO SSCE/WAEC SSCE/NABTEB results are also encouraged to apply provided the results would be available by September when the new session commences.
- Candidates may also seek admission into the 200 level of the degree programmes (except Medicine and Pharmacy) with the following qualifications:
- Passes in at least two subjects at the Advanced level and an additional subject at the subsidiary level in the General Certificate of Education Examination. The subjects must constitute a suitable preliminary to the intended courses.
- Diploma/NCE at credit level pass and above in the appropriate subjects from a recognized institution.
- IJMB in the appropriate subjects.
- The candidate must acquire a first degree in a relevant discipline.
- Candidates must also meet the conditions for matriculation which include: five credit passes at the GCE/WASSCE/NECO/NABTEB Certificate examinations.
- Applicants are required to present evidence of application to JAMB
Igbinedion University Courses
Below are all accredited courses available at the Igbinedion University, kindly click on any of the courses you wish to apply for to see the UTME subject, Direct Entry, and O’Level requirements for the course.
- Accountancy / Accounting
- Agricultural Economics
- Banking And Finance
- Business Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemistry And Industrial Chemistry
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science And Information Technology
- Economics And Development Studies
- Electrical / Electronics Engineering
- English Language
- Environmental Management
- Food Science And Technology
- Geography And Regional Planning
- International Relationship & Strategic Studies
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Medicine And Surgery
- Nursing/Nursing Science
- Petroleum Engineering
- Political Science And Public Administration
- Public Relations And Advertising
- Sociology And Anthropology
- Theatre Arts
If you have found your desired course, you can enrol in the Bachelor’s degree programs for the course either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
Basically, the purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test for all eligible candidates.