How to Check BVN on MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile Networks: Want to know how to check BVN number? This article saves as a guide for MTN, Airtel, 9mobile and Glo Network users to conveniently check their BVN.
The Bank Verification Number (BVN) is a biometric means of identification that was introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria in cooperation with the Nigerian Interbank Settlement System (NIBSS) to help curb fraudulent banking transactions in Nigeria. Read through to know how to check BVN number on MTN, Airtel and Glo Networks
Due to rising fraudulent transactions being perpetrated by some criminal elements in the country, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) with the Nigerian Interbank Settlement System (NIBSS) came up with this biometric form of identification in a bid to reduce this menace, every bank account holder in Nigeria are mandated to have the BVN which is an 11- digit verification code. It is important to note that, you can only enrol for the BVN number in a commercial bank in Nigeria and nowhere else.
How to enrol for the BVN
Below is the step by step guide on how to enrol for the Bank Verification Number in Nigeria;
- Kindly Walk into any branch of your bank.
- Request for the BVN form, Fill in and submit the form.
- The bank will conduct data capturing (such as Fingerprint, facial Image etc.)
- An acknowledgement slip with the transaction ID is issued to you.
Upon confirmation of your application, your BVN will be generated, and you receive an SMS for pickup.
How to Check BVN on MTN, Airtel and Glo Networks
To check your BVN number on either the MTN, Airtel or Glo Networks, simply dial *565*0# and your BVN number will be displayed on your phone’s screen. Kindly note that you must have at least 20 Naira credit balance on the said SIM card, also, this SIM must be the same SIM card you used while enrolling for the BVN number at the bank.
N/B: The BVN code above works for all the mobile network providers in Nigeria, be it MTN, Airtel, Etisalat and Glo
How Much Does it Cost to Check BVN?
As stated earlier, to successfully check your BVN number, you must have a minimum credit balance of at least 20 Naira.
What are the Benefits of the BVN?
Below are some of the outlined benefits of having the BVN;
- Protection of account from unauthorized access.
- Easy and acceptable ID means across all Nigerian Banks.
- Reduce the risk of identity theft and fraud cases.
- A unique identity that is acceptable to all banks.
- Smooth credit system and banking operations.
- The BVN is accepted as a means of identification across all banks in Nigeria.
- BVN offers the verification and validation of the customers’ identity seamlessly across multiple electronic platforms.
- With the BVN, Financial institutions can track customers, especially in loan repayment.
- With the BVN Cyberfraud will be limited to the barest minimum.
- With the BVN you will have a smooth NIN registration
We believe this helped in your query of how to check BVN on MTN, Airtel or Glo Network. Kindly leave us a comment in the comment section.