How to Borrow Airtime from Airtel: Sometimes we get stuck in the middle of nowhere, maybe trying to put through a distress call or while speaking with a client or a loved and all of a sudden the calling card gets exhausted with either no or less physical cash to make voucher recharge at the moment, this article saves a guide on how to borrow Airtime from Airtel Nigeria. Kindly read through to know how to borrow Airtime with your Airtel number.
Airtel Nigeria is one of the largest network service providers in Nigeria with a subscriber base of over 46.8 million subscribers across the country. In a bid to make life convenient for her esteemed customers, the Indian based multinational telecommunication service providers created an avenue for airtime loans to her subscribers called the Airtel Airtime Loan Services (AALS) a.k.a Airtel Extra Credit. this service allows all eligible Airtel subscribers to borrow airtime and payback at their convenience with a certain percentage service charge.
- How to Subscribe to MTN Night Plan
- How to Borrow Data from Airtel
- How to Transfer Data from Airtel to Airtel
- Top 10 richest people in Nigeria 2021 and their net-worth
- Top 10 Richest African Countries
- The Top 10 Tallest Buildings in Nigeria 2021
- Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Nigeria
- The Most Beautiful Cities In Africa
- Top 10 Highest currencies in the world 2021
- Top 10 Most Developed Countries in Africa
- How to Check BVN on MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile
Who is Qualified to use the Airtel Loan Service?
- You must be a prepaid customer with a registered Airtel SIM.
- SIM must be at least 2 months old.
- Customers who have paid up any previous loan and all associated charges.
- Actively recharging and using your line with an average of N100 monthly.
- Customers who have paid up any previous loan and associated charges.
How do I know if I am eligible for the Airtel Airtime Loan Service?
To check your Airtime eligibility loan status, simply dial *500# and click on the “Eligibility status” check option. Ineligible subscribers will be prompted to make a minimum of at least 100 Naira monthly recharge to qualify for the Airtel Airtime Loan Services.
How to Borrow Airtime from Airtel
To borrow Airtime from Airtel Nigeria, kindly follow the process outlined below:
Dial *500# Choose Option 2 to Borrow Credit, on the next pop-up screen, choose the amount of airtime credit you want to borrow. Kindly note that a 15% service charge applies to any amount you wish to borrow and also, customers will be considered based on their respective monthly airtime recharge, this means that you cannot borrow more than your monthly average recharge.
The table below shows some airtime packages you can borrow, and how much you will refund, this includes the 15% service charge.
Airtime Loan (NGN)
Value* You Will Be Credited (NGN)
Amount You Pay Back (NGN)
The detailed steps above explain how to borrow airtime from Airtel Nigeria, we also explained all you need to know about the Airtel Airtime Loan Service. Let us know if this works for you in the comment box below.