The Abia State University, ABSU as it is fondly called is a globally recognized Nigerian university, located in Abia State, Nigeria. Abia State University is owned and managed by the Abia State government.
Abia State University courses are fully accredited and recognized by the National University Commission (NUC) of Nigeria, a body overseeing all tertiary institutions (Universities) in Nigeria.
Would you like to know a list of Abia State University courses and their requirements you can enroll in? Below is a list of all accredited ABSU courses and requirements you need to know.
Abia State University Admission Requirements
Below are all the admission requirements for prospective Abia State University students:
- Applicants must score a minimum of at least 150 in UTME.
- Aspirants must acquire a minimum of 5 credits including Mathematics and English Language including their courses’ core subjects in WASSCE/NECO, GCE, or its equivalent.
- Abia State University only admits candidates who made Abia State University their first choice institution in UTME.
- All O’level results must not be more than 2 sittings.
- Interested applicants must have attained the age of 16 as at the time admission is offered.
- Candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff mark for their courses and departments to be offered admission.
Abia State University courses Courses And Requirements:
Below is a list of all accredited Abia State University courses and their requirements, kindly click on any of the courses you wish to apply for to see the UTME subject, Direct Entry, and O’Level requirements for the course.
- Agric-Economics and Extension
- Agricultural Science and Education
- Animal Science and Fisheries
- Banking and Finance
- Building Technology
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Industrial Chemistry
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Crop Production and Protection
- Education and Accountancy
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Government
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Physics
- Education and Political Science
- Education and Social Studies
- Education/Fine Art
- Educational Management and Planning
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- English Language and Literature
- Environmental Resources Management
- Environmental Science
- Estate Management
- Fine/Applied Arts
- Food Science and Technology
- Geography and Planning
- Government and Public Administration
- History and International Studies
- Home Economics and Education
- Information and Communication Technology
- Language and Literature
- Library and Information Science
- Library Science
- Linguistics and Communication Studies
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Medicine and Surgery
- Nursing/Nursing Science
- Plant Science and Biotechnology
- Political Science
- Public Health
- Pure and Industrial Physics
- Religious Studies
- Soil Science
- Surveying and Geoinformatics
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Veterinary Medicine
If you have found your desired course, you can enroll in the Bachelor’s degree programs either through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), by Direct Entry, or through the Pre-degree Programme.
The purpose of the entry requirement is to ensure that those admitted have the necessary preparedness to scale through the program. There is a compulsory screening test for all eligible candidates.
In this article, we provided all the NUC accredited ABSU courses, admission requirements, and some valuable information for prospective applicants. Has this article provided an answer(s) to your query? if yes, leave a comment in the comment box to express your satisfaction or ask any question you have and we will reply to you as soon as possible.